Hello September! I would like to express how excited I am as I begin my new role as Director of Community Services upon Paula Pascoe’s retirement. I would like to personally thank Paula for her years of service and dedication to the Senior Center and Town of Suffield. Paula has made a tremendous difference in so many lives, and she will be missed. I am looking forward to continuing all she has accomplished, and to build off the existing programs. Any suggestions and requests are welcomed. Please feel free to contact me or stop by office at your convenience.
Please see the details below for September at the Suffield Senior Center.
Mini Bus Trips – require 5 passengers and weather permitting. Call 860-668-3844 to make a reservation.
- Thursday, September 1: Walmart Shopping, pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 6: Lunch at Cracker Barrel, pick up begins at 11 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 13: Lunch at Yarde Tavern, pick up begins at 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, September 15: Walmart Shopping, pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, September 22: Shopping at Trader Joe’s, pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 27: Big E, pick up begins at 9:15 a.m.
- Blood pressure screenings: September 14 and 28 at 11 a.m. sponsored by Suffield Community Aid.
- Footcare: Wednesday, September 28 by appointment. $30 payable to the nurse.
- Hearing Screenings: NOVA Hearing Services, free by appointment. Call 860-916-6169 to schedule.
- Bridge players are looking for people! Every Wednesday at 12:30pm. Contact Neal at email@example.com.
Lunch Menu – Please make reservations by noon the day prior. Lunches are $5 and include coffee, tea, cold beverage, and dessert.
- 9/1: Pasta e fagioli with sausage & cheese on a roll
- 9/7: Creamy garlic chicken breast, mashed potatoes, vegetable
- 9/8: Tomato tortellini soup with grilled cheese
- 9/14: Pasta & meatballs served with a tossed salad
- 9/15: Cranberry turkey wrap with vegetable macaroni salad
- 9/21: Hamburger soup served with a cheese bread stick
- 9/22: Apple cider sage pork chop, oven roasted potatoes, vegetable
- 9/28: Stuffed cabbage served with rye bread
- 9/29: Macaroni & cheese, vegetable
English High Tea Party
Friday, September 23
2-4 p.m. $10
- Tickets available at the Senior Center or call Terry Arciszewski at 860-668-2274.
- Prizes will be awarded for the best hat! Great food, lots of tea varieties, and fun raffle prizes.
- Proceeds benefit Suffield Senior Center’s Kitchen Fund.