Selected from the pages of the Windsor Locks Journal and lightly annotated by Wendy Taylor of Kent Memorial Library. December 2 The Emergency Aid Association has started the sale of Red Cross Christmas seals in this town and packages of 100 seals have been mailed to every family in town with an explanatory letter.
On Sunday afternoon, November 10, 1957, a small crowd gathered in the Suffield High School auditorium (now Suffield Middle School) for the charter meeting of the Suffield chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).
This photo of the old covered bridge to Enfield shows it viewed from the Suffield side, a few years after it closed to traffic when the new bridge at the end of Thompsonville Road was opened in 1894. The old bridge had opened in 1832 on the site of the 1808 uncovered bridge, which was the first bridge across the Connecticut River in Connecticut.