Please keep an eye out for a Senior Center survey coming soon. There will be both a paper copy to fill out, as well as an online version.
We would appreciate any input regarding your interests for new programs and activities that you would like to participate in here at the Senior Center! We are open and look forward to suggestions and recommendations.
Thanksgiving dinner will be served on Wednesday, November 16, $10 per person including turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and gravy. Please see Marylou or Shannon to make your reservation.
Please follow the Suffield Senior Center Facebook to see all the happenings here and around town.
Happy fall and have a great month!
Mini Bus Trips – All trips require five passengers and are weather permitting. Please call 860-668-3844 to make a reservation.
- Tuesday, November 1 – Lunch at Sofia’s East Windsor, pick up begins at 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, November 3 – Walmart shopping, pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 8 – Election Day Voting, pick up begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, November 11 – Veterans Day, NO BUS
- Tuesday, November 15 – Lunch at Wood-n-Tap Enfield, pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, November 17 – Walmart shopping, pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 29 – Westfarms Mall shopping, pick up begins at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, November 24 – Friday, November 25 – Thanksgiving & day after, NO BUS
Lunch Menu – Please make reservations by noon the day prior. Lunches are $5 and include coffee, tea, cold beverage, and dessert.
- Wednesday, November 2- American chop suey, tossed salad, roll & butter
- Thursday, November 3 – Homemade corn chowder with seafood salad in a pita
- Wednesday, November 9 – Meatloaf, mashed potatoes with gravy and vegetables
- Thursday, November 10 – Baked fusilli pasta with cheese and ham and vegetables
- Wednesday, November 16 – Thanksgiving dinner including turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and gravy ($10 per person)
- Thursday, November 17 Tomato soup with grilled ham and cheese sandwich
- Wednesday, November 23 Personal pizza topped with sausage, peppers, onions, sauce and cheese with chips
- Thursday, November 24 CLOSED – Happy Thanksgiving!
- Wednesday, November 30 Homemade beef barley soup with crusty bread and butter
- Thursday, December 1 Shepherd’s pie, roll and butter
Blood Pressure Screenings: November 9 and 23 at 11 a.m. sponsored by Suffield Community Aid.
Footcare: November 23 by appointment. $30 payable to the nurse.
Hearing Screenings: NOVA Hearing Services, free by appointment. Call 860-916-6169 to schedule.
Bridge players are looking for people! Every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. Contact Neal at email@example.com.