Season’s Greetings! As we approach the holiday season, it seems an appropriate time to highlight what a generous community Suffield is. We have tremendously giving people who donate their time and resources to the Senior Center. Mercier Carpet (West Springfield) and David Roy Installations (Suffield) are two local businesses that helped recently. Chuck Mercier donated the new entryway and office carpeting, while Dave Roy donated his time to remove the old carpet and install the new one. We also have some newly donated beautiful pumpkins and gourds that are on display in the dining room. We recently received a large donation of apples from Easy Pickin’s Orchard in Enfield, handpicked by Suffield High School student volunteers: Ryan McMullen, Kayle Webb, Samantha Wysicki and two others. Thank you to all who go above and beyond in giving back to the Suffield Community.
We take tremendous pride in offering a clean and safe facility for everyone. As we enter the cold and flu season, please know that we regularly deep clean and disinfect for your and our staff’s health and safety. Congratulations to Marylou Brewster for our clean kitchen, and to Kitchen Assistants Sue Thorner and Deb Lefcheck for their most recent kitchen inspection from the Health Department, scoring 100%. Marylou’s menus and meals are homemade, creative and delicious, as well as being prepared in a highly maintained, safe and spotless kitchen at the Senior Center.
As a friendly reminder, the Senior Center will be closed the last week of December, Monday, December 26 – Friday, December 30. On behalf of the staff of the Suffield Senior Center & Mini Bus, I wish you and your families a joyous Holiday Season, and a Happy New Year!
Mini Bus Trips – All trips require five passengers and weather permitting. Please call 860-668-3844 to make a reservation.
- Thursday, December 1 – Walmart Shopping, pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, December 2 – Festival of Trees & Traditions, Wadsworth Museum in Hartford, pickups start at 11:30 a.m. Tickets $17.00
- Tuesday, December 6 – Lunch at Sofia’s, pickups start at 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday,December 8 – Shopping at Trader Joe’s, pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, December 9 – Dinner at Captain Jimmy’s, pickups start at 4:00 p.m.; followed by Singing Tree in Agawam
- Tuesday, December 13 – Westfarms Mall Shopping, pickups start at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, December 15 – Walmart Shopping, pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 20- Lunch at Wood-n-Tap, pickups start at 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 27 – Holyoke Shopping, pickups start at 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday,December29 – Dinner at 99 Restaurant, pickups start at 3:00 p.m.; followed by Bright Nights in Forest Park
December Grocery Shopping in Enfield:
- Monday pickups start at 9:30 a.m. and Friday pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, December 23 & Monday, December 26, NO BUS SERVICE
Lunch Menu – Please make reservations by noon the day prior. Lunches are $5 and include coffee, tea, cold beverage, and dessert.
- Thursday, December 1 – Shepherd’s pie, roll & butter
- Wednesday,December 7 –
- Roasted kielbasa, potatoes & vegetable
- Thursday, December 8 – slow cooker chicken, tortilla soup & corn bread
- Wednesday,December 14
- Annual Holiday Party, sponsored by the Suffield Police Department ($10 Per Person)
- Thursday, December 15 – pork chops, sweet & sour red cabbage, roasted potatoes
- Wednesday,December 21
- Bone-in BBQ chicken breast, baked potato, baked beans
- Thursday, December 22
- Sausage stuffed acorn squash, apple salad
Blood Pressure Screenings: Wednesday, December 14 at 11:00 a.m., sponsored by Suffield Community Aid
Footcare: Wednesday, December 21, by appointment; $30 payable to the nurse
Hearing Screenings: NOVA Hearing Services, free by appointment. Call 860-916-6169 to schedule.