Mini Bus Trips
All trips require five passengers and are weather permitting. Please call 860-668-3844 to make reservation.
- Tuesday, April 4, Lunch at Staropolska New Britain, followed by shopping at Roly Poly Bakery; pickups start at 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 6, Shopping at Walmart; pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, April 7, NO BUS – Good Friday
- Tuesday, April 11, Vernon Shopping followed by lunch at Rein’s Deli; pickups start at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 18, Lunch at Angelina’s Enfield; pickups start at 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 20, Shopping at Walmart; pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 25, Shopping at Trader Joes; pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, April 28, Lunch at Red Robin Enfield; pickups start at 11:30 a.m.
Please make reservations by noon the day prior. Lunches are $5 and include coffee, tea, cold beverage, and dessert.
- Wednesday, April 5, Baked Ham & Cheese Sliders and Pineapple Casserole
- Thursday, April 6, Sloppy Joe Texas Style and Salad
- Wednesday, April 12, BBQ Bone-In Chicken Breast, Potato Salad and Vegetable
- Thursday, April 13, Manicotti, Salad, Roll and Butter
- Wednesday, April 19, Cowboy Stew, Roll and Butter
- Thursday, April 20, Tuna Melt and Chips
- Wednesday, April 26, Meatloaf, Baked Potato and Vegetable
- Thursday, April 27, Seafood Salad Sandwich and Tomato Soup
Blood Pressure Screenings – Wednesday, April 12 and Wednesday, April 26, at 11 a.m., sponsored by Suffield Community Aid.
Footcare – Wednesday, April 26, $30.00 fee payable to the Nurse. Please call the Senior Center, 860-668-8830 to schedule an appointment.
Hearing Screenings – Free hearing screenings and services provided by NOVA Hearing Services by appointment. Please call 860-916-6169.
AARP Safe Driver Classes
Tuesday, May 2, at 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
$20 AARP Member; $25 Non-Member. Payment by cash or check to the instructor.
$5 per Person Facility Fee is paid directly to the Senior Center by cash or check on the day of the class.
Register at www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862, seating is limited. Attendees will be required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival.
Tuesday, April 25, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
$25 Residents; $30 Non-Residents
Create a beautiful 11 x 14 acrylic painting of cat tails on the water! In this fun class you will create a painting with guided step by step directions.
No art experience required! All supplies are included. Register at www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862.
Flower Arrangement Classes
Tuesday, April 11, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Tuesday, May 16, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Tuesday, June 13, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
$30 per person per class.
Step By Step Floral Design Workshop to create a beautiful flower arrangement! Includes all flowers and supplies. Register at www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862.
Suffield Police Department: Senior Scams & How to Avoid Them Presentation
Date: Tuesday, April 18
Time: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Topics Include: Different types of scams, including Imposter Scams, Grandchild Scams, Charity Scams, Health Care Scams, “You’ve Won” Scams, Home Repair Scams, IRS Imposter Scams, Tech Support Scams.
Welcome Spring! April showers bring May flowers, and we have lots of flowers coming to Suffield’s Senior Enrichment Programs a month early in April!
Bob Whitney, a local professional instructor of floral design, with forty-five years in floral retail, education and wholesale experience, is coming to Suffield for his upcoming Step-by-Step Floral Design Workshops! In these creative classes, you will create a flower arrangement with guided step-by-step directions, with no previous floral design experience required, and anyone aged 18+ is welcome. Upcoming Classes are Tuesday, April 11, Tuesday, May 16 and Tuesday, June 13 from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Each class is only $30 per person, including all flowers and supplies. You will go home with a beautiful arrangement for your home!
Spring flowers are also the subject of this month’s Painting Class with Nina, creating an 11 x 14 acrylic painting of a flower bouquet! Join Nina on Tuesday, April 25 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. No painting experience is required, and all supplies are included. Please bring an apron or some type of cover to protect your clothing. This class is $25 Residents: $30 Non-residents.
For a full listing of our programs, to register or for any questions, please visit suffieldseniorcenter.com or call at 860-668-3862!