Mini Bus Trips
All trips require five passengers and weather permitting. Please call 860-668-3844 to make reservations.
- Tuesday, May 2: Shopping at Trader Joes; pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Dos de Mayo Lunch at the Senior Center; pickups start at 11 a.m.
- Thursday, May 4: Shopping at Walmart; pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 9: Manchester Shopping at the Evergreen Walk and Buckland Hills Mall; pickups start at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 16: Lunch at Three Figs; pickups start at 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 18: Shopping at Walmart; pickups start at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 23: Senior Health & Wellness Fair at the Senior Center; pickups start at 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch at Anthony’s; pickups start at 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, May 29 – NO BUS! Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 30: MGM Casino Springfield; pickups start at 9 a.m.
Please make reservations by noon the day prior. Lunches are $5 and include coffee, tea, cold beverages, and dessert.
- Wednesday, May 3 – fish filet sandwich with lettuce, tomato, tartar sauce and pasta salad
- Thursday, May 4 – homemade chili, cornbread, celery and carrot sticks
- Wednesday, May 10 – cheesy crab pasta casserole and Mandarin pasta salad
- Thursday, May 11 – stuffing topped pork chop, vegetable and apple Sauce
- Wednesday, May 17 – baked French toast casserole, sausage links and sliced oranges
- Thursday, May 18 – Mexican tater tot casserole and cucumber salad
- Wednesday, May 24 – four cheese tortellini and spinach alfredo with garlic bread
- Thursday, May 25 – chicken and dumplings with salad
- Wednesday, May 31 – personal meatball pizza with peppers, onions and chips
Blood Pressure Screenings – Wednesday, May 10 and Wednesday, May 24 at 11 a.m. Sponsored by Suffield Community Aid.
Footcare – Wednesday, May 24 – $30 fee payable to the nurse. Please call the Senior Center, 860-668-8830, to schedule an appointment.
Hearing Screenings – Free hearing screenings and services provided by NOVA Hearing Services by appointment. Please call 860-916-6169.
AARP Safe Driver Classes
Tuesday, May 2 at 9 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
$20 AARP Member; $25 non-member. Payment by cash or check to the instructor. $5 per person Facility Fee is paid directly to the Senior Center by cash or check on the day of the class.
Register at www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862, seating is limited. Attendees will be required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival.
Flower Arrangement Classes
Tuesday, May 16 from 10:00 – 11 a.m.; registration closes May 8
Tuesday, June 13 from 10 – 11 a.m.; registration closes June 5
$30 per person per class
Step By Step Floral Design Workshop to create a beautiful flower arrangement! Includes all flowers and supplies. Register at www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862.
Line Dancing Is Back!
Thursdays from 10 – 11 a.m. with Dance Instructor, Lynn Connelly. May 4 – June 8; 6 classes $24
Register at www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862.
Thursday, May 25 from 10 a.m. – 12 noon; registration closes May 17. $25 residents; $30 non-residents
Create a beautiful, 11 x 14, acrylic painting. In this fun class you will create a painting with guided step by step directions.
No art experience required! All supplies are included. Register at www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862.
The Suffield Senior Center is hosting a Senior Health and Wellness Fair on Tuesday, May 23 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.!
This event offers a well-rounded variety of vendors providing resources, information, and activities to promote the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of seniors in our community. Vendors include chair massages, reiki, health screenings and assessments, legal counsel, wealth management, support groups, housing options, caregivers services, fitness and recreation programs, mindful and physical wellness, transportation services and healthcare resources as well as Hartford Hospital’s Mobile Mammography Bus. To schedule a mammogram appointment, please call Suffield Community Aid at (860) 668-1986. Transportation available via the Suffield Mini Bus, please call 860-668-8830 to schedule a ride.
In honor of Memorial Day on Monday, May 29, join us at 9 a.m. for the Memorial Day Parade, as we remember and honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and to those who continue to work towards a better future for our nation. We will never forget. Thank you for your service.
Spring is a wonderful time to enjoy the warmer temperatures and get outside to soak up some sunshine. Warmer weather can be a great motivator to get outside and exercise.
It’s important to remember to stay hydrated and protect your skin from the sun while enjoying outdoor activities. Interested in joining a walking or running club? Ready to Run, Running and Fitness Walking Club begins this Summer, held on Wednesday nights from 7 – 8 p.m. at XGT Fitness, 138 Mountain Road. For a full listing of our programs, to register or for any questions, please visit www.suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860-668-3862.