The Suffield 350th Anniversary Committee is committed to a celebration with something for everyone. Here’s a quick summary of some of what we’re working on right now…
• Be a part of Suffield history from 1969 to 2019; write your story for 50 Stories for 50 Years.
• Put Suffield trivia on the map by helping create the new TriviaQuest Suffield board game.
• Join the 350th Anniversary Committee on May 10, 2019 for a beautiful spring afternoon on the SCC golf course followed by dinner at the Sunset Tavern.
• Include your organization’s events in the big 16-month celebration calendar.
• Collaborate on a cookbook showcasing products grown on Suffield farms.
• Be a part of the bog iron project, and discover how colonists made iron from bog ore found in Suffield’s marshes.
• Become a sworn-again Citizen this July when the Declaration of Independence is read aloud at The Phelps-Hatheway House. Learn more about it at www.swornagainamerica.com.
• Shop for 350th memorabilia and take a chance on winning a brand new truck at the 350th Anniversary Celebration booth at Suffield on the Green.
• Enjoy craft brews at the Hops, Pops and Props fundraiser at the New England Air Museum in November 2019. This event will be the launch party for 50 Stories for 50 Years as well as the re-release of Biography of a Town.
• Admire historic homes with the Suffield Garden Club during the 2019 holiday house tour.
• Check out the 2019 Holiday Tree Gala at the Phelps-Hatheway House and bid on a gorgeous mannequin tree created by one of our local artists and crafters.
• Participate in the Doors of Suffield and Doors of West Suffield photo contests in December 2019.
• Join the sap boiling crew at the Phelps Hatheway House in February 2020 for Maple on Main.
• Paint your own unique barn quilt square, and become a part of the first barn quilt trail in Connecticut.
• Enjoy Visions of Suffeld, a summer 2020 fine art exhibit at the Phelps-Hatheway House.
• Tour Suffield farms.
• Attend the premier of a new Celebrate Suffield video created for the town by an award winning cinematographer.
The Big Weekend
October 9-12, 2020
• Huge parade down Main Street, from Mapleton Avenue down past Limric Lane, with floats, bands, antique vehicles and pretty much anything else you can think of.
• A carnival with rides and games of skill.
• Fireworks with a musical accompaniment.
• A fun filled evening gala.
• Sports jamboree with local and regional teams.
• A brand new production by The Suffield Players.
• Local performance artists sharing music, dance, poetry, and prose.
• Picnic on the town green with games for kids and adults.
• An evening concert with a popular band, and activities to keep the kids entertained.
• Commemoration of the establishment of the Town of Suffield with a featured speaker and local dignitaries.
Is there something on the list that you are excited about?
Be a part of making it happen! Send an eMail to Suffield350@gmail.com or leave us a voice message at 860-758-0115.