Here are some friendly tips and pastimes for a February To-do List:
1. Peruse seed catalogs, calendars and the Old Farmer’s Almanac allowing yourself to be inspired.
2. Bathe indoor plants with mild, soapy water and rinse well.
3. Divide and repot root-bound plants with fresh, new professional-mix potting soil.
4. Prune indoor plants and give cuttings to friends and neighbors.
5. Sip hot tea, feed birds and take their photos.
6. Sketch a new garden plan or thoughtfully revamp an existing one.
7. Formulate plans to remove unwanted/dead trees and shrubs.
8. Determine your lawn’s requirements for the upcoming season – dethatching, aerating, etc. may be needed.
9. Assess your home environment. Change filters, batteries, buy salt lamps, install a water filtration system, etc.
10. Send Valentine’s Day cards to loved ones.
11. Teach a child to create homemade Valentine cards or decorations, fun and memories straight from the heart for young and old.
12. Think of a love-gift – do a house chore that a family member usually does without telling them. When they go to do it – SURPRISE!!!
13. Say positive affirmations and give gratitude for blessings.
14. Eat dark chocolate!
Stay warm, and Happy Valentine’s Day, my friends.