Helping the Community – Service Above Self.
- The Sunrise Park Playscape, donated in large part with funds from the Club, is now complete. Benches and tables will be added in the spring.
- During the holiday season, Rotarians rang the Kettle Bell as a fundraiser for Salvation Army and Suffield Community Aid.
- Salt and sand were delivered to 30 seniors again this winter.
- The Club purchased 35 turkeys which were donated to Suffield Community Aid for holiday baskets. This is an annual donation.
- Four Rotary members were voted into office during the November election.
- Virginia Bromage and Donald Rawling are on the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Kenneth Pascoe and Joseph Blake are on the Police Commission.
- The Club donated a tree for the 350th Anniversary Holiday Tree Gala fundraiser.
- Welcome new members: Noreen Harnett & Cheryl Armata.
- If Rotary members sign up for Amazon’s Smile program, the Club will receive 0.5% of each purchase as a donation from Amazon.
- The Club is seeking a new vendor for its popular throw blanket which had images of Suffield landmarks. The blanket will be a fundraiser to commemorate the 350th anniversary of Suffield.
- The video “A Promise to Astrid”, a true story regarding a parishioner in Scott Seabury’s former church, is now on Amazon Prime. Scott and his wife appeared as extras in the film and Dean Cain (Superman!) played Scott.
- The club enjoyed a holiday dinner and dance party at the Crestview Country Club on December 10.
- A cornhole tournament will be held on Tuesday, January 28th between Suffield Rotary and the Knights of Columbus at the Sacred Heart Church Parish Hall. May the best cornhole players win!
- Enjoy a wonderful night of craft beers, tasty liquors and delicious wine at the club’s Wine Sip fundraiser on April 24 at Suffield by the River. Raffle prizes and entertainment! Get ready for golf! The 29th Memorial Glen T. Packard Golf Tourney is August 14.
Thanks to Suffield by the River for the delicious holiday pumpkin pies that were given to each Rotarian member in the meeting before Thanksgiving. Yum!