Suffield Fraud Prevention Council is presenting a series on scams beginning this fall. There will be a kickoff on September 30 with guest speaker Robin Saunders. Robin is a seasoned educator with more than 30 years of teaching experience. Cybersecurity and education are her passions. CyberSafeSeniors.com and DearRobin.com are her websites.
Subsequent speakers will target senior scams, adult scams, and children/teen scams. We also plan to launch a mentor/mentee program in 2022, Cyber Safe Seniors.
Members of the Suffield Fraud Prevention Council include: Janet Frechette, Executive Director of Suffield Community Aid; Garret Pinder, Director of Kent Memorial Library; Kerry O’Brien, Director of Suffield Housing Authority; Beth Sheridan, social worker at Suffield Community Aid; Pat Beeman, Elder Outreach at Suffield Community Aid; Lieutenant Ryan Burrell, Suffield Police Department; Kate Powers, Director of Suffield Youth Services; and me. Our goal is education and prevention of fraud in our community.
Mini Bus Trips
Call 860-668-3844 to make a reservation.
- Tuesday, 9/2 Walmart-pick up begins 8:30 a.m., Enfield shopping pick up begins at noon.
- Tuesday, 9/7 Manchester shopping pick up begins 9 a.m. Buckland Hill or Evergreen
- Thursday, 9/9 Walmart-pick up starts at 8:30 a.m., Enfield Shopping 12 p.m.
- Monday, 9/13 Foxwood’s Casino & Tanger Outlets. Pick up begins 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, 9/14 Lunch at LuLu’s—Enfield – Pick up begins 11 a.m.
- Thursday, 9/16 Geisslers East Windsor pick up begins 8:30 a.m., Enfield Shopping 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9/21 Lunch at Maine Fish pick up begins 11 a.m.
- Thursday, 9/23 Walmart-pick up begins 8:30 a.m., Enfield Shopping 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, 9/28 MGM Casino pick up starts at 9 a.m
- Blood Pressure Screenings – 9/8 and 9/22 at 11 a.m. – sponsored by Suffield Community Aid.
- FootCare – Fee is $30. Call today to schedule your appointment for September 22.
- Hartford Healthcare Mobile Mammography – Wednesday, September 22 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. Call Suffield Community Aid at 860-668-1986 to schedule your appointment.
- Hearing Screenings – NOVA Hearing Services provides FREE screenings and services. Call for a 9/1 appointment.
- Beat Parkinson’s Today Exercise Program – September 1-29. Five (5) classes for $25.
- Chair Stretch & Strength – Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. for stretch and Thursdays at 9:30 a.m. for strength. FREE.
- Line Dancing – Every Tuesday and Thursday at 10 a.m. $2/class.
- Pilates with Yoga – With instructor Michelle Rancourt, Wednesdays at 9 a.m. September 13-October 29, 20 classes for $70. Registration deadline is September 10.
- Senior Active & Fit – With personal trainer Joseph Hicks, Tuesdays at 9 a.m. September 14 – November 16. Ten classes for $35. Registration deadline is September 10. You can visit Joseph’s website at www.teamjtrain ing.com.
- Yoga – Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. with Mary Callendar begins 9/8. Six weeks $60.
Ask the Attorney – First Thursday of each month. Please call for an appointment.
Bereavement Support Group
Masonicare is partnering with Suffield Community Aid to offer a 6 week in-person support group for persons who are grieving the loss of a loved one. The group will meet at SCA, 450 South Street, Suffield, beginning Friday October 1 from 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. The program is offered at no cost with light refreshments. Registration is required and the expectation is that participants will be fully vaccinated. Please call SCA for more information, 860-668-1986.
Dementia Caregiver Support Group
Presented by Alzheimer’s Association. Last Tuesday of each month at 11 a.m. Facilitated by Nicole Matson. For more information, you can call Nicole at 860-810-6123.
Medicare is complicated!
Trained volunteers are available to provide unbiased assistance on the first Wednesday of each month. Call for an appointment.
Parkinson’s Peer Support Group
Call Janet Frechette at SCA (860-668-1986) and let her know you’re coming.
Every Wednesday at 3:30 p.m. Fritz can be reached at 860-758-0418 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the Senior Center to find out the daily menus, and make lunch reservations by noon the day prior. Lunches are $4 and include coffee, tea, cold beverage, and dessert.