The Suffield Senior Center and Suffield Community Aid are pleased to announce that we have been officially designated as a Community Focal Point for Aging Services through North Central Area Agency on Aging. This designation was received after demonstrating our commitment to the role as a visible, recognized place where community members can find information and gain access to a full range of aging services. Now more than ever, older adults and individuals with disabilities need to be able to identify trusted sources of information delivered in an unbiased and person-centered manner. We are excited to be welcomed to the North Central Area Agency on Aging (NCAAA) team
Medicare Open Enrollment
Medicare open enrollment begins October 15 and continues through December 7. Please check out one of our information workshops hosted by Stateline Senior Services and make an appointment with our trained CHOICES Counselor, Sheri Burger
SCAMS (Seniors, Children, & Adults Maintaining Safety)
Protect yourself and your families from harmful scams and online threats by attending the following 90 minute discussions at Suffield Town Hall and via Zoom at 6:30 p.m.:
- September 30: Robin Saunders, Ph.D.–“Cyber Safety: Cyber Sense & Nonsense.”
- October 14: Sgt. Kate Cummings–“Social Media Safety: Tips to Keep Your Family Safe.”
- October 28: Julia Figueroa, AVP Security and Facilities Officer at Windsor Federal Savings & Loan–“Scams: Awareness to Avoidance.”
- November 10: Lt. Ryan Burrell–“Senior Scams & How to Avoid Them” is at the Suffield Senior Center at 2 p.m.
Registration is recommended: www.suffield-library.org
Mini Bus Trips
Trips require five passengers and are weather permitting
Call 860-668-3844 to make a reservation.
- Tuesday, October 5: Lunch at Munich Haus– pick up begins at 11 a.m.
- Thursday, October 7: Walmart–pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, October 15: Lunch at Zanto’s—pick up begins at noon.
- Tuesday, October 19: Clinton Outlets and lunch at Lenny & Joes–pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 21: Walmart–pick up begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Monday, October 25: MGM Casino–pick up begins at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 26: Lunch at Red Robin–pick up begins at 11 a.m.
- Thursdays in October Enfield shopping–pick up begins:
- Early trip: 9:15 a.m.
- Late trip: 11:30 a.m.
AARP Driver Safety
Due to the continued spread of COVID-19 and the new variant, AARP made the decision to extend their nationwide in-person event closure until January 1, 2022.
AARP continues to offer an online course and will offer a special 25% off discount through December 31.
Promo Code: DRIVING SKILLS
Stateline Senior Services
Stateline Senior Services will present, for informational purposes, the following workshops for open enrollment:
- ConnectiCare–Tuesday, October 19 at 10 a.m.
- United Healthcare–Tuesday, October 26 at 10 a.m.
- Aetna–Tuesday, November 2 at 10 a.m
Please make lunch reservations by noon the day prior. All lunches are $4 and include coffee, tea, cold beverage and dessert.