Second Baptist Church’s Growth and Outreach has wonderful opportunities for you to get involved. During this trying time we are focusing on our motto of “Where believing and doing are one”.
- November 6, 9 -2:30 -Annual Christmas in Suffield Fair. This year we will have lots of different crafters and a bake sale. Join us and start your holiday season off by doing something for others. We will have a special table at the fair where we will be collecting both children’s and adults’ used coats and shoes for our local shelters. There will also be a table for canned goods for the Suffield Community Aid. We are sorry to announce that this year our kitchen will be closed, and we are asking that everyone wear a mask. For more information call 860-668-1661. We look forward to seeing you there.
- We are looking for high school aged kids who would be interested in making brownies at the church for the Soup Kitchen. This is an ongoing activity that offers a wonderful way to complete community service hours.
- November 17 at noon. Each month our Women’s Lunch Bunch gets together for fellowship. It’s all about connections, life stories, laughter and celebrating. Let us know if you would like to join this group, and we will set a place for you. RSVP 860-668-1661.
- Dec. 5 – Right after the service we will enjoy a festive snack and make some Christmas crafts.The crafts are for all ages and everyone is welcome. For more information call Sue at 860-402-7813.
- Every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. – Join us for worship. Child care and Sunday School available.
We hope to see you soon. If you have any ideas for growth activities or if there’s any way that we can help you, please give us a call at 860-668-1661. We offer a special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now; join us.