The Veterans Memorial Phase 1 Expansion Committee was created in September 2021, with a mission to expand the honor roll in Suffield’s Veterans Park to include veterans from recent wars and conflicts, and to add those veterans who were not previously recognized when the existing memorial was dedicated in 2003.
Eligibility criteria for the consideration of additional names of veterans to be honored have been created. The committee is seeking individuals who were not included on the original list created in 2003. If you or someone you know served in the period between April 6, 1917, and April 11, 1991, you are encouraged to submit the information to the committee using the nomination form available at the Town Clerk’s Office, Suffield Senior Center, VFW, or the Kent Memorial Library. You can also download the form from www.suffieldct.gov/our-town/veterans. Click on SuffieldVeteransMemorialExpansionPhase1NominationForm.pdf
Once completed, please mail the form to:
Suffield Veterans Memorial Expansion Committee
Suffield Town Hall
83 Mountain Road
Suffield, CT 06078.
Nominations are due for phase 1 no later than August 1.
To qualify for recognition on the existing memorial, the following criteria are established:
• Men and women whose principal address was the Town of Suffield when they entered active duty.
• Service Branches include Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Coast Guard.
• Service must have been other than dishonorable.
• Period of service must include sometime during the following periods.
• WWI: April 6, 1917, to Nov 11, 1918
• WWII: December 7, 1941, to Dec 31, 1946
• Korea: June 27, 1950, to Jan 31, 1955
• Vietnam: February 28, 1961, to Aug 4, 1964 (Must have served in the Republic of Vietnam)
• Vietnam: August 5, 1964, to May 7, 1975 (All other cases)
• Persian Gulf: August 2, 1990, to April 11, 1991