Thank you to everyone who came out and enjoyed the sold out Polish Night at the Senior Center! It was a fun, successful event filled with great entertainment by Paul Kulas and delicious food donated from Suffield Village Market. There was plenty of pierogis, kielbasa, sauerkraut, rye bread, and desserts to go around; all of which was cooked by our amazing staff and served by volunteers. A special thank you to Gayle Demko for her donation for the night, also.
The Parks and Recreation debuted their first podcast featuring Certified Athletic Trainer, Joseph Hicks who shared information regarding the exercise programs at the Senior Center, including the Active and Fit class. I’ve already had some great feedback from seniors that either listened to or watched the podcast video. This podcast is available to watch or listen on the at Suffield Parks & Recreation YouTube page.
The open enrollment period for Medicare Part D prescription drug plans & Medicare Advantage Plans is October 15th through December 7th. Please check out one of the information workshops hosted by Stateline Senior Services and make an appointment with our trained CHOICES Counselor, Sheri Burger.
Please follow the Suffield Senior Center Facebook to see all the happenings here and around town. Have a great month!
Mini Bus Trips – All trips require five passengers and weather permitting. Please call 860-668-3844 to make reservation.
- Tuesday, October 4 Holyoke shopping, pick up starts 10:00 a.m.
- Thursday, October 6 Walmart Shopping, pick up starts 8:30 a.m.
- Monday, October 10 Columbus Day – NO BUS
- Thursday, October 13 Shopping at Trader Joe’s, pick up starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Friday, October 14 Lunch at Red Robin, pick up starts at 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 18th Lunch at Center Square Grill, pick up starts 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 20 Walmart Shopping, pick up starts 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 25 Lunch at Olive Garden, pick up starts 11:00 a.m.
Lunch Menu – Please make reservations by noon the day prior. Lunches are $5 and include coffee, tea, cold beverage, and dessert.
- Wednesday, October 5 Breakfast pizza & fruit cup
- Thursday, October 6 Chili cheese fries in a foil packet & cornbread
- Wednesday, October 12 Homemade classic minestrone soup & two tuna finger sandwiches
- Thursday, October 13 Parmesan crusted chicken breast, baked potato & vegetables
- Wednesday, October 19 Lasagna & tossed salad
- Thursday, October 20 Cheeseburger salad – mini cheeseburgers, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, pickles, thousand island dressing on the side
- Wednesday, October 26 Homemade cinnamon spiced sweet potato soup with maple croutons & fish sandwich on a roll with lettuce and tartar sauce on the side
- Thursday, October 27 Chicken biscuit pot pie & cucumber salad
Blood Pressure Screenings: October 12 and October 26 at 11:00 a.m. sponsored by Suffield Community Aid.
Footcare: Wednesday, November 23 by appointment. $30 payable to the nurse.
Hearing Screenings: NOVA Hearing Services, free by appointment. Call 860-916-6169 to schedule.
Bridge players are looking for people! Every Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. Contact Neal at email@example.com.