Hello September! Open enrollment period for Medicare Part D prescription drug plans and Medicare Advantage Plans is October 15 through December 7. Stateline Senior Services will be presenting information on Medicare options for open enrollment on the following dates: Tuesday, October 17, Tuesday, October 24 and Tuesday, October 31 from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at the Suffield Senior Center. Sheri Burger, trained CHOICES Counselor, is also available for one-on-one appointments the first Tuesday of each month. To schedule an appointment please call 860 668-8830.
Personal Trainer, Joseph Hicks, offers a variety of classes at the Suffield Senior Center! He teaches a class for everyone, for all levels of fitness and mobility, including Active & Fit, Active & Fit Advanced, and Low Mobility Fitness classes. For more information and to register, visit suffieldseniorcenter.com or call (860) 668-3862. We are now offering a “Bring A Friend to Class” incentive program. Bring a friend for free to one class and you will receive a free Suffield T-shirt for your referral (whether your friend signs up or not)! Please see Shannon or me for your free T-shirt.
Please join in welcoming Stephanie Salerno of The Stephanie Salerno Team Coldwell Banker Realty who will be offering one-on-one appointments beginning in October. This free consultation will be an opportunity to ask any real estate related questions you may have. Stephanie and her team will be available for 30-minute appointments from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month. To schedule an appointment please call 860 668-8830.
We are currently seeking per diem Mini Bus Drivers. This is an on-call position with flexible hours. If you or someone you know is interested, please have them reach out to me. If you have a Facebook page, please follow the Suffield Senior Center to see all the happenings here and around town. Have a great month!
Mini bus Trips
All trips require five passengers and are weather permitting. Please call 860-668-3844 to make a reservation.
- Monday, September 4 NO BUS – Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 5 Lunch at Francesco’s followed by ice cream at Hilltop Farm. Pickups begin at 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, September 7 Shopping at Walmart. Pickups begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 12 Farmers Market at Forest Park. Pickups begin at 12 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 19 Trip to the Big E. Pickups begin at 9:15 a.m.
- Thursday, September 21 Shopping at Walmart. Pickups begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 26 Lunch at Country Diner. Pickups begin at 11 a.m.
- Thursday, September 28 Shopping at Trader Joe’s. Pickups begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 6 –Parmesan crusted chicken breast with oven roasted potatoes
- Thursday, September 7 – French bread pizza with ham, pineapple and cheese
- Wednesday, September 13 – Taco stuffed sweet potato, black bean and corn salad
- Thursday, September 14 – Imitation lobster, crab and shrimp mac and cheese with corn bread and butter
- Wednesday, September 20 – Hamburg soup and grilled cheese sandwich
- Thursday, September 21 – Cheesy bacon and egg breakfast sliders with home fries
- Wednesday, September 27 – Old fashioned goulash with garlic bread
- Thursday, September 28 – Chicken and stuffing casserole with salad
Blood Pressure Screenings – Wednesday, September 13 and Wednesday, September 27 at 11 a.m. Sponsored by Suffield Community Aid.
Flu Shot Clinic – Wednesday, September 20 at 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Bring insurance card.
Footcare Appointments – Wednesday, September 27 $35 fee payable to the nurse. Please call the Senior Center, 860-668-8830 to schedule an appointment.
Hearing Screenings – Free hearing screenings and services provided by NOVA Hearing Services by appointment.
Please call 860-916-6169.
AARP Drivers Courses – Upcoming Classes: September 12 and October 17
$20 AARP Member; $25 Non-Member payment by cash or check to the instructor. $5 per person facility fee is paid directly to the Senior Center, by cash or check on the day of the class.
Please register at suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860 668-3862.
Dowd Realty Group: Estate Planning Presentation – Tuesday, September 19 at 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Free. No registration required. Light refreshments.
Floral Design Classes – Step by Step Design Workshop – Upcoming Classes: September 12, October 17, November 14 and December 12. $30 per person per class. Register at suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860 668-3862.
Painting Classes – Step by Step Painting Class – Upcoming Classes: September 26, October 24, November 28 and December 15. $25 Residents; $30 Nonresidents per person per class. Register at suffieldseniorcenter.com or call 860 668-3862.
Stateline Senior Services Presentations – Presenting information on Medicare options prior during open enrollment period. Upcoming Presentations: October 17, October 24 and October 31. Free. No registration required.
Stonebrook Village Presents: Fall Risk Prevention Presentation and Lunch – Tuesday, September 19 at 12:00 p.m. Free. RSVP required. Call 860 668-3880 to register.