Second Baptist Church will participate with the Suffield community in Suffield Alight on Friday, December 1, 5-7 p.m. The Common Room will be open for visitors and outdoor activities are planned. Make-your-own hot chocolate will be available!
Second Baptist Church is hosting American Red Cross Blood Drives on Wednesday, December 6 and Monday, December 18 in our Fellowship Hall. For an appointment, please visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Our second annual Cookie Swap will take place on Saturday, December 9 at noon. For additional information contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-668-1661.
The historic First Baptist Church on Hill Street in Suffield will have its annual Carol Sing on Sunday, December 10 at 4 p.m. The Second Baptist congregation joins with residents of various faith persuasions from surrounding communities to sing and celebrate the Christmas season.
Don’t miss our Community Christmas Concert! Join us for a special concert on Sunday, December 17 at 3 p.m. presented by our choirs and our local school musicians. Audience singing of Christmas Carols will be highlighted!
On Sunday, December 24 there will be three services
in the sanctuary where you are invited to attend.
- 10 a.m. – Observance of the 4th Sunday of Advent.
- Christmas Eve Services
- Specific times will be posted on our website www.secondbaptistsuffield.org
- This service is led by children and youth and is designed for all ages. ALL children and youth are invited to participate in this service whether or not you are a regular participant in the life of Second Baptist. Please call the church office for more information.
- Candlelight and Lovefeast Service. The Love Feast service is from the Moravian tradition of worshipping through music and the sharing of a simple meal. The focus of the service is to worship the coming of the Christ Child while promoting fellowship, relationships, unity, and Christian love among all participants.
Opportunities for strengthening our faith and Biblical knowledge continue through:
- 2nd Hour Sermon Discussions – December 10, 11:30 am.
- Contemplative Practices group – December 14, 4 p.m.
Additional information for these and other activities/opportunities at the church will also be published on secondbaptistsuffield.org as well as our Facebook and Instagram sites.
Want to get to know our Pastor? Rev. Justin regularly contributes to several publications, including the Christian Citizen, Good Faith Media, and Baptist News Global. He also writes and rambles at his blog, blacksheepbaptist.com. His reflections and opinions are his own.