A Moment in Time: Old Photos Invited from Our Readers

Print More
Photo provided by Kent Memorial Library

This 19th Century view from a corner of the old cemetery, looking southeast across the Green to the old Town Hall, shows the arched entrance to the horse sheds of the First Congregational Church. The serpentine wooden fence has long since been replaced by straight iron, but Maj. Elihu Kent’s 1814 gravestone still stands there, though a bit less erect. From the July 2008 Observer.

Comments are closed.