• The first edition of the Observer was published.
• Founder and CEO – Sam Fuller
• The first paper was 18 pages, and we still have 12 of the original advertisers supporting us.
2000 – 2012:
• CEO and Chairman – Bob Warren
• The Food For Thought column was created by Bob Warren.
• The Voters’ Guide was created for our readers.
• Bob established Candidates Debates sponsored by the paper.
2012 – 2018:
• CEO and Chairwoman – Lauren Life
• The Observer went to color (only four pages).
• Look No Further column (our own yellow pages for advertisers) was introduced.
• Two $1,000 annual scholarships (Sam Fuller and Bob Warren) were created.
• Dynamic website was established with online advertising.
2018 – Current:
• CEO and Chairman – Jay Presser
• Suffield Pride column created to highlight Suffield people who are making a difference.
• Switched to The Rare Reminder for our printing needs.
• The Observer went to three sections and 24 pages of color.
The Observer is published 10 times per year. is distributed to approximately 6,300 residents and businesses in Suffield free of charge and contains approximately 90 articles, 60 photos and 85 advertisers per month. The Observer has approximately 150 volunteers.