Please note: The Rotary Club will be meeting at 3 Figs Restaurant until further notice
Helping the Community – Service Above Self
- Dedication of the Sunrise Park Playscape, donated in large part with funds from Suffield Rotary, is scheduled for Saturday, April 25. Benches for the playscape have arrived and will be added to the Playscape prior to its dedication ceremony beginning 11 a.m..
- Polio Eradication: Rotary International and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation jointly committed up to $450 million to support the global polio eradication effort.
- Congratulations to Nora Shanks, Rotary’s Student of the Month.
- Timothy Van Tasel, Superintendent of Schools who currently oversees 2,200 students, spoke about the future education challenges for our great school system, children and parents.
- Paul Muska is joining the Board as Ken Pascoe retires from his Board responsibilities.
- Congratulations to Don Rawling who pulled the winning card from the deck, ending our long-running Queen of Hearts contest.
- Our second annual Wine Tasting Fundraiser has been postponed to a later date due to the uncertainty of the coronavirus.
- June 1 is the deadline for an Early Bird Special when registering for Rotary’s 29th Glen T. Packard Golf Tourney. Scheduled golf tournament date is August 14.