History
100 Years Ago in Suffield
|
From the pages of the Windsor Locks Journal, selected and lightly annotated by Lester Smith, Historian of the Town and the Suffield Historical Society
The Suffield Observer (https://thesuffieldobserver.com/category/history/page/25/)
From the pages of the Windsor Locks Journal, selected and lightly annotated by Lester Smith, Historian of the Town and the Suffield Historical Society
Suffield Episcopalians brought the town’s old Calvary parish (1865-1923) back to life in 1949 with services in the Masonic Temple and opened their own building in 1951.
The ice cutting at the Noble & Cooley Mill Pond in Granville will take place, weather permitting, on Saturday, February 3.
According to the Passenger List for the S.S. Kensington, Jan was 22 years old and single when he debarked at Ellis Island on June 25, 1902.
From the pages of the Windsor Locks Journal, selected and lightly annotated by Lester Smith, Historian of the Town and the Suffield Historical Society
This 47-year-old photo shows two nicely garbed reenactors on one of the 1970 floats in the big parade for our town’s 300th anniversary.
From the pages of the Windsor Locks Journal, selected and lightly annotated by Lester Smith, Historian of the Town and the Suffield Historical Society.
This puzzling group of eight young folks was found among ca. 1910 estate papers acquired by the donor, an ephemera dealer as well as State Representative.
The Suffield Historical Society will meet Wednesday, November 15, 7 p.m. at the Senior Center.
From the pages of the Windsor Locks Journal, selected and lightly annotated by Lester Smith, Historian of the Town and the Suffield Historical Society